As more and more businesses of all sizes are making the leap to digital, it’s becoming clearer how much these companies are benefiting from going digital. Not only does it save your business money, but it’s also an attractive and efficient way to attract top talent. In fact, nearly 80% of workers say they would consider leaving their current employer if another company offered them the same job with better pay—only 14% would stay put at their current employer if they got a higher salary elsewhere. But that doesn’t mean you have to resort to handing out higher wages just to keep your employees happy.
Why go digital?
In healthcare and senior care, going digital can help you save money and attract top talent. By automating processes and using online tools, you can improve efficiency and communication while reducing costs. Additionally, online tools can help you connect with a global pool of talent, which is essential in today’s competitive marketplace.
The benefits of going digital
By going digital, businesses can save money on office space, equipment, and paper. In addition, they can attract top talent by offering a flexible work environment and the ability to work from anywhere. Not everyone in patient care needs to be in the main facility, think accounting or patient billing for example. Plus, digital businesses are more nimble and can adapt to change quickly. Finally, they often have a lower carbon footprint than traditional businesses.
Common misconceptions about going digital
Many patient care providers believe that going digital is expensive and difficult, but this couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, going digital can actually save your business money. Here are a few common misconceptions about going digital
- Going digital will cost me more.
- I need to hire someone to do it for me.
- It's too complicated.
- The technology isn't there yet.
- Our company isn't tech-savvy enough.
- We don't have time to make it happen.
- We're not digital natives.
The top challenges for successful digitization
In addition to the misconceptions, there may be additional challenges your organization has moved to digital care planning yet.
- Getting leadership buy-in for the digital transformation.
- Defining what digitization means for your company—and setting realistic goals.
- Overcoming the risk of massive disruption to company operations.
- Finding—and keeping—the right talent to make your digital transformation successful.
- Making sure your customers are ready for your digital products and services
What does it take to succeed?
Addressing the above misconceptions and challenges upfront with your team, ensures you’re all on the same page about why and how digital care planning will improve the care management process. Take time to hear concerns and recognize that care providers may worry about change and even job security. Going digital, however, can save money, and provide your care providers with freed up time and resources.
How does going digital save money
1. Automation can help reduce or eliminate the need for certain manual tasks, freeing up time and money.
2. Digitizing patient interactions can help you understand their needs better and provide them with a more personalized and consistent level of service, resulting in improved customer satisfaction and loyalty.
3. Cloud-based solutions are often more cost-effective than on-premise software, since they require no upfront investment and have a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
Where do you start?
StoriiCare is a comprehensive digital patient care package designed to meet a customizable service for everyone from home health care to assisted living or nursing homes. It reduces the margin of error and the amount of time staff spend on paperwork. Our support plans can include the following:
- MAR charts and medical information
- Tasks and reminders
- Progress notes
- Care and support plans
Modern services attract top talent
You want the best talent and providers in your organization and one way to do that is the promise of personalized patient care that does not require hours of additional off-the-clock paperwork. A digital care plan such as SotriiCare also empowers your staff to make informed decisions based on up-to-date and accurate data.