Ways to Participate in Dementia Awareness Week 2016
There are countless ways to fundraise money for #DAW16 but here are a few ideas;
- Start a social media campaign
- Host a bake sale
- Fun competitions (guess how many pennies in the jar?)
- Dress up event with photobooth
- Food forfeit (try and go a week without chocolate!)
For information on how to organise a fundraising event, Alzheimer Scotland offer a few great tips here.
Become a Dementia Friend
Alzheimer's Society of Dementia Friends is a cause which aims to change people's perceptions of Dementia. Dementia Friends tackles the stigma of Dementia that surrounds the millions of lives of people who have Dementia across the UK. Dementia Friends is about learning more about dementia and the small ways you can help. You can register to become a Dementia Friend here.
Host a Memories Day
Get your family together with all your old photo albums to reminiscence over a cuppa and laugh together at times gone by.
Even if you aren't able to 'go big' for #DAW16, share your support by wearing purple. There is a #purpletribe on Instagram who are constantly showing enthusiasm and commitment to finding new ways to support Alzheimer's awareness.
Alzheimers Scotland are always looking for new faces to volunteer at their events here are a few coming up:
- Aberdeen Baker Hughes 10k 5 May 2016
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival 28- 29 May 2016
- Great Women’s 10k, Glasgow 5 June 2016
- Forth Rail Bridge Abseil 12 June 2016 & 26 June 2016
- Tough Mudder, Dumfries 25 June 2016
To find more opportunities to volunteer to support #DAW16 have a look at the full list on Alzheimer Scotland.