“Storii” and “StoriiCare” are trading names for Lifelinked Limited in the United Kingdom and Europe, and trading names for Storii, Inc. in the United States of America. (Lifelinked Ltd and subsidiary Storii, Inc. are collectively referred to as “The Company”).
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME, AND ACCORDINGLY YOU ARE ADVISED TO REFER BACK TO THEM BEFORE REGISTERING OR CONTINUING USE OF STORII OR STORIICARE.
These Terms set out your rights and obligations, and those of the Storii Platform (“we" or "us"), in relation to www.storii.com and www.storiicare.com (the "Sites”), any Storii application that you access (each an "App") and any goods or services available through, and material of any kind accessible or relating to, the Site, the App or us (the “Services”). When we refer to "Storii" or “StoriiCare” in these Terms, we mean us, the Site, the App and/or the Services, according to the context.
The Essentials of Storii and StoriiCare
Storii and StoriiCare are two connected platforms with different use cases. StoriiCare is used by care businesses, and Storii is used by family members of those in care.
- Storii provides Users with the facility to:
- Create logs of memories and media associated with their own and other people’s lives
- Connect and interact with other users
- Comment on the user’s own, and other user’s media
- Connect with loves ones in care whose care providers use StoriiCare
- As Storii evolves and changes over time, we may add to or change these services.
- It is the responsibility of Users to have sufficient web, app and device usage skills to make use of our Services.
- Although we incur cost in providing you with the facility to store and access your account and media, we don’t charge you directly for storage. However, we reserve the right to archive your account if you have not accessed your account at least once in any 3-month period and delete your data if you have not accessed your Account at once in any given six month period. We will notify Users a month in advance by email if and when we are to enforce this policy.
StoriiCare provides businesses with the facility to:
- Create profiles for their service users
- Store data relating to their service users
- Record items of care carried out within their care services
- Run Reports showing data inputted into the StoriiCare platform
- Connect family members on Storii with their relative’s profile
- Store media regarding service users and business events
- It is the responsibility of each business to have sufficient web, app and device usage skills to make use of our Services
- Unless a previous paid or trial arrangement has been agreed in writing by the Company; by accessing a business account on StoriiCare you accept and agree to be charged our monthly fee (see www.storiicare.com/pricing) payable in advance starting from your business account creation date.
We ask you to provide some information about yourself when you register for Storii, or for your business when registering for StoriiCare.
Note that we are entitled to treat any interactions through a User's or Business Account, or by means of an email address, phone number or other communications method or identifier associated with that Account, as having been actioned by the User or Business - it is up to the User or Business to maintain the security of their Account.
You must ensure that the email address we hold for you is kept up-to-date and that you have full access to it – we may send you important messages that need to be actioned upon. Should you provide an invalid email address or an email address that belongs to someone else, the Company may terminate your Account at any time without notice.
We do not currently apply a fixed limit to the volume of Media or other User Content which may be uploaded provided you comply with our reasonable fair use requirements
Those fair use requirements would be breached by, for example:
- The automated or scripted uploading of Media or other User Content
- Uploading in excess of 1TB of data (in total)
Should you breach our fair use requirements, we may suspend your Account, cease to provide you with Storage and/or delete your media and other User Content from our systems.
In the course of storing your media, we reserve the right to apply various techniques to make generally accepted improvements to the quality of media, such as by:
- Removal of “red-eye”;
- Facial recognition;
- Brightness enhancement; and
- Detail enhancement;
- We also reserve the right to make changes to media which are intended to improve their storability, including:
- Size reduction and downscaling, such as creating “thumbnail” and low-resolution versions of media; and
- Format conversion;
We use reasonable commercial endeavours in our provision of Storage, but do not provide any guarantees as to the availability, speed of access to or reliability of the storage we provide;
Media and other User Content may be deleted from your Account in various circumstances, as stated elsewhere in these Terms (including Clause 7);
Our policies concerning the storage of media and User Content may change from time to time;
We have rules about User Content, and these apply to the content of Media (see Clause 5 below) (“User Content and Content Rules”); if you breach our Content Rules, we may – amongst other things – terminate your Account. And if your Account is terminated, we may delete all Media and other User Content associated with that Account, so that they will no longer be accessible; and If we are notified of a claim or allegation that an Media breaches our Content Rules, we may prevent that Media being accessible through Storii.
Storii may allow you to share some of your Media and other User Content with invited friends. By sharing this media, you confirm that you have the other person’s consent to that media being shared.
We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of anyone who has access to your Media or other User Content, whether as a result of Storii Sharing or otherwise.
If you go through the process we specify for deleting media from your Account, we will remove them as soon as we reasonably can; however, full deletion may not occur immediately and some information may be archived/retained for our records and as otherwise required by law.
You are advised to keep back-ups of all of your User Content, including backup copies of Media. We do not undertake or guarantee to keep your Media and other User Content indefinitely, and we will not be responsible for the loss of, deletion or corruption of Media or any User Content. We have no liability to you or any User or Business if Media or other User Content become lost or corrupted as a result of any cause (including human error, software or hardware failure, failures of telecommunications or internet services, or events beyond our control).
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we agree to not use or disclose any Protected Health Information (as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, Public Law 104-191 ("HIPAA"), as amended by subtitle D of Title XIII of division A of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Public Law 111-5 (the "HITECH Act"), and the applicable regulations promulgated under HIPAA and the HITECH Act (collectively, the "HIPAA Regulations")) that has been submitted to us through or in association with the Services other than as permitted or required by applicable law, including, but not limited to, HIPAA, the HITECH Act and the HIPAA Regulations (collectively, the "Healthcare Laws").